My Website:

28 April, 2020

Art During Lockdown and Exciting News!

Hello,

Hope you are all well and keeping safe.
I just wanted to share with you some art that I've been doing lately during the lockdown.

These are 12 mini abstract paintings on watercolour paper, each around 8"x 8". I worked on them all at the same time. The materials I used were charcoal, acrylic inks, acrylic paints and acrylic pens. I wanted to try and paint more abstractly and was inspired by the artist Tracy Verdugo. She offers some art mentoring as well as some free courses. I will sit with these for a bit and then see what I need to add to them.

I've also gone back and reworked some old mini paintings on canvas.They need a bit more doing to them, I may add more paint or add collage elements as well. But will post when they are further developed.

We have also had really nice weather lately, so I have been sat in our back garden.  Its been very relaxing to just sit by the water feature and weave.

I also have some exciting news-I am in the process of updating my website! Something which I have been meaning to do for a while, but now with the lockdown and I can focus on doing that. I will keep you updated and let you know when it's up and running.

Stay safe and I will be in touch.
Bye for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment