04 February, 2013

Nine Panel Project

Hello,
I've made some progress on that nine panel piece I wrote about recently.
Its not finished, but here are my steps so far.
 I decided to combine these two sketches for the background design.  
I wanted a sepia tonal wash to start with so I tinted the panel with black coffee.
Once dry, I drew my pattern over the nine panels.
I wanted to keep some areas light brown, so I then painted those areas with masking fluid.

Once the masking fluid was dry I painted the background with acrylic inks.
Once the acrylic inks were dry I removed the masking fluid.
I then transferred a few magazine images on to four of the panel. I wanted to follow the pattern which I drew on the panels. I then decided I need to add more images.
I then added three types of rubber stamps and some collage in areas.
I'm really happy with how its progressing. But I need to sit with it a bit longer to see what I should do next. I'll have to move them into my studio now- I've been working at home on my dining room table. But before that can happen, I need to tidy up and do some organisation. Its a bit of a mess right now.  I will keep you posted on my progression.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment