My Website:

08 March, 2013

International Women's Day-8th March 2013

Hello,
In honour of International Women's Day, Swindon is conducting special talks and workshops tomorrow as well as a group art exhibition at the Swindon Central Library which runs till the 20th March. You can find more information on it if you go to their website or the Swindon Open Studios website. I have two art quilts in the show. If you are in the area tomorrow, its worth a visit. I was there this afternoon taking photos of the work. Here they are:

My two pieces
Me in front of my work; my son took this photo. 
My son inspecting my work.
 I thought I would also share with you one of my favourite women artists-

Self-Portrait, 1938; oil on canvas
I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best.
I might blog about other female artists I admire during the month of March- stay tuned.
Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. From Ellie - wow Carmen. Your Art Quilts look Amazing. I shall pop into the library to see them. Love Ellie x

    ReplyDelete